by Mark O’Byrne, Gold Core:
– Gold price breaks above key 200-day moving average
– Gold hits 5-month high on back of investor nervousness
– Safe haven has 10% gains in 2017 after 9% gains in 2016
– Gold options signal more gains as ETF buying increases
– Geopolitical uncertainty over North Korea & Middle East
– Tensions high -World awaits US move & Russia response
– Russia says chemical attack was terrorist “false flag”
– Poor March jobs report shows US economy vulnerable
– French elections still tight and Le Pen still has chance
Gold’s move was a traditional flight to safety following the US’ missile attack on Syria and Trump making aggressive sounds regarding intervention against North Korea including tweets.
The weak jobs report also prompted fears that future Fed interest rate hikes could be delayed or slowed and this has provided further support for the price of gold.
Tensions between Syria, Russia, North Korea and the US underline the serious geo-political risks. There is the real risk of a serious military confrontation. This is creating uncertainty which is an environment that serves gold best.
These risks have led to very bullish activity in the options market with a surge in call option gold buying and gold ETF buying.
As reported by Bloomberg:
Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.