by Gary Christenson, Deviant Investor:
The next time you:
- Pay your mortgage, which is mostly interest;
- Pay your outrageously large auto or student loan;
- Pay an exorbitant amount for health insurance;
- Pay an even larger co-pay for a minor hospital procedure;
- Buy groceries for $100 and compare that purchase to what $100 bought in 1971;
- Realize that a four person family’s share of the U. S. national debt is nearly one-quarter million dollars …
Consider the costs of fiat paper currencies, deficit spending, central banking and … dragon maintenance.
A long time ago and far, far away outlaws raided a village and stole food, gold and women. The angry villagers could do little to protect their village except pray to their gods.
A large and fearsome dragon descended into the village square answering their prayers. The dragon agreed to protect the village in return for food.
Everyone was afraid of the dragon’s sharp claws and its fiery breath which incinerated those who threatened the dragon or the village. Raiders avoided the village.
The people rejoiced in their new safety but worried the dragon ate too much food.
Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.