by Gary Christenson, Deviant Investor:
Stocks and Bonds:
Dow Jones Industrial Index – high 18,636 on August 15, 2016
S&P 500 Index – high 2,190 on August 15, 2016
NASDAQ Index – high 5,262 on August 15, 2016
T-Bonds – the 30 year bond high was 176.94 on July 8, 2016
Dow Transportation Average – high on December 29, 2014 – Oops! Dow Theory says we should be worried about an unconfirmed market top.
- National Debt (US – official only) exceeds $19.4 trillion in August 2016. Unfunded liabilities are much larger.
- Student loan debt is over $1.4 trillion in August 2016.
- Debt to GDP ratio – all time high in August 2016.
- Central bank balance sheets – globally around $25 trillion in August 2016, and rising rapidly.
- Sub-prime auto loans – about $1 trillion (US) in August 2016.
How many times in the past 1,000 years has “too much debt” been a precursor of future prosperity and social stability?
- Total tons of gold hoarded by China, India, and Russia continue to rise. Why would Asian countries hoard gold while western nations actively suppress gold prices and awareness of gold’s importance?
- The cost of buying a Presidential election, including media advertising, payoffs, focused disinformation, “dirty tricks,” programming voting machines, and so much more.
Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.