by Mac Slavo, SHTFPlan:
One part of prepping is gathering and storing lots of useful gear and supplies.
Another part is honing your skills so that you could likely manage without any of those supplies – if you had to.
This video will start you out with some tips on how to whip up some useful devices out of practically nothing.
1. Use an aluminum soda can, cut open, to reflect and magnify the light of a candle
Tips in this video:
2. Use a piece of cloth and two containers to purify dirty water by transferring through the cloth. Then boil.
3. Instantly light a fire without lighter fluid. Place charcoal briquets in the spaces of an empty egg carton, and just light the egg carton for a quick lunch out and about.
4. Use or burn rosemary, basil or other common herbs to repel mosquitoes and irritating insects
5. Create an instant solar oven by cutting open a box, lining the top and inside with foil. Just add sun, and your food can be warmed in just a short time.
6. When the compass gets lost in your gear, you can point towards north by static charging a sewing needle by rubbing it on clothing. Place the charged needle on a leaf floating in water, and you’ll find orientation by connecting man, metal and nature.
Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.