The Phaserl


US Airstrikes in Syria Killing Civilians, not ISIS Fighters

by Stephen Lendman, Rense:

America has a notorious record of indiscriminately killing civilians in all its wars of aggression – from aerial attacks and ground operations, including special ops.

Since US warplanes began bombing Syrian infrastructure and government targets last year on the phony pretext of combating ISIS, nearly a thousand civilian deaths were reported, likely many more ignored or forgotten in the fog of war.

A September UN report alone said the US-led coalition’s continued “airstrikes against ISIL in Syria on a near-daily basis with reports of some 865 people killed, including 50 civilians, in Aleppo, Deir ez-Zor, Hasakeh, Idlib and Raqqa since strikes began” in September 2014.

Retired US Army Col. Douglas MacGregor called Washington’s campaign completely unsuccessful from the standpoint of destroying ISIS, but it’s an enormous success story for ISIS. It is actually helping the Sunni Islamists recruit new people – more than a thousand every month from across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.

US-led airstrikes claim more civilian casualties daily, nearly always unreported by Western media. Major attacks claiming numerous lives alone at times attract their attention.

These incidents though too grave to ignore still get short shrift coverage at best. The latest one occurred on Monday.

Surprisingly, the pro-Western, London based, Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported it, saying US-led “coalition raids struck the village of Al-Khan, which is held by the Islamic State group. But Daesh is only present on the outskirts of the town, which is why all of the deaths were civilians.”

The raid and many others like it provide more evidence of US support for ISIS – claiming they’re combating their forces while targeting Syrian sites along with indiscriminately killing civilians, each incident more proof of horrendous crimes of war and against humanity, how America wages all its wars.

At least seven children and four women were killed in Al-Khan. Bodies continue being pulled from rubble.

The death and injury toll will likely rise. A dozen or more bodies remain to be recovered. A local source indicated 34 deaths known so far and at least 17 others injured.

Lt. General Charles Q. Brown, commander US Air Forces Central Command (Southwest Asia) earlier called US aerial operations “the most precise in the history of warfare.”

Civilians targeted were murdered in cold blood, either indiscriminately or as planned – the same way Israeli ground forces extrajudicially execute Palestinians daily, and Gazan communities were ravaged during summer 2014 Operation Protective Edge – on the phony pretext of self-defense.

Whenever these incidents occur, follow-up investigations when conducted are routinely whitewashed. The Pentagon never takes responsibility for its high crimes. Nor does Israel’s IDF – partners in the highest of high crimes, genocide against targeted populations.

A US military spokesman said he had no information about the Al-Kahn incident, denying US responsibility for mass murder.

Read More @

Help us spread the ANTIDOTE to corporate propaganda.

Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>