by Michael Snyder, End of The American Dream:
Is it okay for Barack Obama to spy on reporters? Is it okay for government spooks to record their calls, monitor their online activity and collect their emails whenever they want? Well, according to a shocking new poll conducted by Pew Research, 64 percent of investigative journalists believe that the government is already collecting data from them right now. Sadly, very few of them are publicly voicing objections. We are rapidly becoming the type of “Big Brother” society that George Orwell once wrote about, and most Americans are just going along for the ride. One journalist that is making waves is former CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson. In her new book entitled Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama’s Washington, she claims that she has evidence that the government remotely activated her computer numerous times, monitored her keystrokes and even buried incriminating documents very deeply on her hard drive. She has filed a lawsuit, and hopefully this will result in the public shaming of those involved in this spying. With each passing day, we are becoming a little bit more like Nazi Germany, and if we continue down this road America will eventually be completely transformed into a totalitarian hellhole.
Have we really gotten to the point where virtually everyone knows that the government is spying on them but we just accept it as a fact of life?
How in the world can we have “freedom of the press” if the government is constantly looking over the shoulders of journalists?
When I first learned about this shocking new survey of journalists that I mentioned above, I was absolutely stunned…
In a survey of investigative reporters that makes Richard Nixon’s enemies list look like child’s play, nearly seven in 10 said they believe that the Obama administration has spied on their phone calls, emails and online searches.
According to a Pew Research Center survey of 454 media figures, 64 percent “believe that the U.S. government has probably collected data” from their calls and email and eight in 10 believe just being a journalist jumps the chance Uncle Sam is spying on them.
The survey follows multiple reports of actual spying by federal officials on reporters, and the White House’s effort to track down those who leak information to reporters despite long-forgotten promises to be the most transparent administration ever.
As a nation, are we going to put up with this kind of thing?
Or could it be that we are already so whipped into submission that we are incapable of even objecting to Big Brother?
Our control freak politicians wish to monitor and control every area of our lives. One of the latest areas where there is a renewed push for control is vaccines. A recent outbreak of measles has lawmakers all over the nation in a rush to make vaccinations mandatory.
In the state of California, for example, new legislation would eliminate all exemptions from vaccination…
Responding to an outbreak of measles that has infected more than 100 people, two California lawmakers said on Wednesday they would introduce legislation to end the right of parents in the state to exempt their children from school vaccinations based on personal beliefs.
This is being done even though it is indisputable that far more children die from the MMR vaccine than die from the measles. The following numbers come from a recent article by Dr. Lee Hieb…
1. Since 2005 (and even before that), there have been no deaths in the U.S. from measles, but there have been 86 deaths from MMR vaccine – 68 of them in children under 3 years old. And there were nearly 2,000 disabled.
2. In countries which use BCG vaccinations against tuberculosis, the incidence of Type I diabetes in children under 14 is nearly double. (“Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice” no. 6 pages 449-454, 1997)
3. As reported in Lancet in 1995, inflammatory bowel disease (i.e. Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis) is 13 times more prevalent in persons vaccinated for measles.
4. In a nested case-control study within the General Practice Research Database (GPRD) in the United Kingdom, patients who had a first MS (Multiple Sclerosis) diagnosis recorded were compared with controls. The authors concluded that immunization with the recombinant hepatitis B vaccine is associated with a threefold increased risk of developing MS (Hernan et al., 2004). No increased risk of MS was associated with other vaccines, which included tetanus and influenza vaccinations.
5. In 1982 William Torch, a prolific researcher and publisher on Neurologic topics, presented a paper (later published) at the American Academy of Neurology reviewing SIDS deaths. He reported that in 100 consecutive cases, 70 percent of SIDS deaths occurred within three weeks of pertussis vaccination.
Over the years, countless numbers of children have been killed or permanently disabled by vaccines. At this point, more than 3 billion dollars has been paid out to the victims.
But you never hear about any of this on CNN or MSNBC, do you?
Please follow SGT Report on Twitter & help share the message.